Monday, August 25, 2008

Trick or Treat On the Turn

Howdy there my poker savants. This has been a day full of bad beats so far. Well, in reality, there has just been one, since the first one was a trick job used against me. My opponent used my own slickiness against me wouldn't you know it? Not only has the river card scammed me this week, but the flop has been rather horrid I shall say. You think you have a good hand, but the whole time you just have the screws that hold the "nuts" in place. Meaning that the nut hand is what they have, but I would happen to have the second best the whole time. That's just how the cards fall this week, but there is still a lot of week to come. "The true sign of a good player is one who knows to fold a monster hand" That is one of my favorite quotes uttered by Texas Dolly himself and one of my idols Doyle Brunson. It is probably the truest thing that has to do with poker too. And I have been learning every second of every day the longer I play. By the way, I am going to write a book one day and i'm going to title it "Trick or Treat on the Turn" I am naming it after all the bad beats I have had once the turn card has fallen. Well that's it for today, I have plenty more tourneys to play and one is about to start. Another installment is tomorrow. See you at the felt!!

No comments: