Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Bad Bad Bad!!

Man oh man! Hello there readers, I've had such a bad week card playing wise. Let me tell you why. I suddenly, out of nowhere, started getting all my chips in the middle with a winning hand, and then out of nowhere the turn or river will cause my hand to cheapen and give them the win. It makes no sense to me. My classic remembrance of this was the other night I had 10-7 suited. Not a really good hand preflop, but I love playing hands like that because when they're suited they go up in value so I decide to give them a try every time. Anyway, I flop three of a kind sevens, so I decide to slowplay it knowing I have the best hand. (or so I thought) The two guys I am facing bet out and call one another but then I raise them and as soon as I did that I lost one of them. Still thinking I have the best hand I wait for the turn card and then bet real high. When he called me I figured something was up. The river card comes, I push him all in, he calls me and he flips over a full boat that he had made on the flop. I couldn't believe it and he had crippled me. That was unreal! I was thinking to myself "how do things like that happen"? When I figured it couldn't get any worse, my pocket aces lose to a made flush on the turn card a couple hands later. Just goes to show you that right when you think something great happens to you, someone else has something even greater happening to them. Don't take your poker starting hands for granted, just pay attention to the action around you and go with your gut instinct. In my case I was wrong but you should pay to see no matter what just so that you don't go to bed that night thinking you were had by a good con man. Til next time. See you at the felt!!!

No comments: